Bringing knowledge and resources to the people of Georgia and beyond to enhance their quality of life.
Student and professional journalists are invited to join us for the 2016 Digital News Bluejeans Workshop
Friday - Saturday, March 18-19, 2016
Each year the Bluejeans workshop looks at current trends or issues in the profession. This year we have expanded this year’s program to include some Friday sessions for no additional fee and developed a track for managers. Many media professionals have told us their managers need more advice on leadership and how to make decisions. We’ve tailored this year’s session to just that issue.
This year's workshop includes the following topics and speakers:
• Richard Griffiths, Vice-President and Senior Editorial Director for CNN Worldwide
• Tony Maddox, Executive Vice President and Managing Director, CNN International
Managing the current media landscape and What do I do, when? Problem solving advice from senior managers
• Ellen Crooke, Vice President of News, Tegna Media; Mike Dreaden, Vice President of News and Market for Cox Stations; Steve Ackermann, Vice President of News, Raycom Media
Managing millennials – a listening session with student journalists
• Ellen Crooke, Vice President of News, Tegna Media
Video story telling
• John Hendon, Asst. Chief Photographer @ WYFF
What do I do, when? Problem solving advice from senior managers - professional track
Resume Reel Review
• David Hazinski, a Meigs Distinguished Teaching Professor and owner of Intelligent Media Consultants, LLC
Cancellation policy: If you need to cancel your registration, please do so by March 15. Substitutions are encouraged. No shows will not receive a refund.
Thanks to a generous donation by CNN, we are able to keep participant costs low.
Diane H. Murray
Director, Public Service and Outreach
firstname.lastname@example.org or (706) 542-5038
Grady College of Journalism and Mass Communication
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602-3018